Physical & Occupational Therapy Centers
Our two outpatient rehabilitation centers are located in Kendall and Coral Gables and employ licensed Occupational and Physical therapists. Our therapists are current in new treatment techniques and specialize in the care of the unique needs of our patients.
- The therapeutic use of ultrasound and electrical stimulation
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Kenesio Taping
- Myofacial Release
- Therapeutic strengthening exercises and stretching
- Neurodevelopmental Re-education for the treatment of stroke
- Balance and coordination exercises
- Vestibular rehabilitation exercises to address dizziness and imbalance
- Vestibular rehabilitation for the treatment of BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) including canalith repositioning
- Activities to teach self-care skills
- Patient and family education
- LSVT a specialized treatment approach for individuals diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease
- Fall prevention program for the elderly
Many types of pain, such as headaches, migraine, ankle and foot problems, back and neck pain, can be reduced with therapy. Physical and occupational therapy are often an important part of recovery from orthopedic surgeries and neurological conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease and Stroke. Conditions as varied as arthritis, balance disorders, vertigo, Bell’s Palsy, carpal tunnel syndrome, shoulder and hand impairment as well as general weakness and decline in function are all treated with physical and occupational therapy.